1. Prasanna MV, Chitambaram S, Hameed AS, Srinivasamoorthy K. Hydrogeochemical analysis and evaluation of groundwater quality in the Gadilam river basin, Tamil Nadu, India. J Earth Syst Sci 2011;120(1):85-98. [DOI:10.1007/s12040-011-0004-6
2. Prasad B, Kumari P, Bano S, Kumari S. Ground water quality evaluation near mining area and development of heavy metal pollution index. Appl Water Sci 2014;4:11-7. [DOI:10.1007/s13201-013-0126-x
3. Zarazua G, Avila-Perez P, Tejeda S, Barcelo-Quintal I, Martinez T. Analysis of total and dissolved heavy metals in surface water of a Mexican polluted river by total reflection X-ray fluorescence spectrometry. Spectrochim Acta B 2006;61:1180-4. [DOI:10.1016/j.sab.2006.06.010
4. Abdullah EJ. Quality assessment for Shatt Al-Arab River using heavy metal pollution index and metal index. J Environ Earth Sci 2013;3(5):114-20.
5. Prasad B, Bose JM. Evaluation of the heavy metal pollution index for surface and spring water near a Limeston mining area of the lower Himalayas. Environ Geol 2001;41(1-2):183-8. [DOI:10.1007/s002540100380
6. Maria-Alexandra H, Roman C, Ristoiu D, Popita G, Tanaselia C. Assessing of water quality pollution Indices for hevay metal contamination. A study case from Medias City groundwaters. Agric Sci Pract 2013;3-4:25-31.
7. Sobhanardakani S, Jamali M, Maànijou M. Evaluation of As, Zn, Cr and Mn concentrations in groundwater resources of Razan Plain and preparing the zoning map using GIS. J Environ Sci Technol 2014a;16(2):25-38. (in Persian)
8. Sobhanardakani S, Razban SS, Maànijou M. Evaluation of concentration of some heavy metals in ground water resources of Qahavand Plain-Hamedan. J Kermanshah Univ Med Sci 2014b;18(6):339-48. (In Persian)
9. American Public Health Association (APHA). Standard Methods for Examination of Water and Waste water, 20th edition, Washington DC: APHA; 2005. p. 135-8.
10. Edet AE, Offiong OE. Evaluation of water quality pollution indices for heavy metal contamination monitoring. A study case from Akpabuyo-Odukpani area, Lower Cross River Basin (southeastern Nigeria). Geo J 2002;57:295-304. [DOI:10.1023/B:GEJO.0000007250.92458.de
11. Backman B, Bodis D, Lahermo P, Rapant S, Tarvainen T. Application of a groundwater contamination index in Finland and Slovakia. Environ Geol 1998;36(1-2):55-64. [DOI:10.1007/s002540050320
12. Nasrabadi T. An index approach to metallic pollution in river waters. Int J Environ Res 2015;9(1):385-94.
13. Hosseinpour Moghaddam M, Lashkaripour GR, Dehghan P. Assessing the effect of heavy metal concentrations (Fe, Pb, Zn, Ni, Cd, As, Cu, Cr) on the quality of adjacent groundwater resources of Khorasan steel complex. Int J Plant Anim Environ Sci 2014;4(2):511-8.
14. Horton RK. An index systems for rating water quality. J Water Pollut Control Fed 1965;3: 300-6.
15. Mohan SV, Nithila P, Reddy SJ. Estimation of heavy metals in drinking water and development of heavy metal pollution index. J Environ Sci Health A. 1996;31:283-9. [DOI:10.1080/10934529609376357
16. Edet AE, Merkel BJ, Offiong OE. Trace element hydrochemical assessment of the Calabar Coastal Plain Aquifer, southeastern Nigeria using statistical methods. Environ Geol 2003;44:137-49.
17. Nazari A, Sobhan Ardakani S. Assessment of pollution index of heavy metals in groundwater resources of Qaleh Shahin plain (2013-2014). J Kermanshah Univ Med Sci 2015;19(2):102-8. (In Persian)
18. Sobhan Ardakani S, Nazari A. Assessment of Pb and Cd pollution in groundwater resources of Qaleeh Shahin Plain using Heavy Metal Pollution Index in 2014. Health Syst Res 2015; In Press. (In Persian)